Vice-rector for International Cooperation of KazHJIU
Professor Kaftandjiev Christo Nikolov, Doctor of Philological Sciences was approved by the order of the Department of High and Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the post of Vice-Rector of International Cooperation of KazHJIU within the framework of the project about inviting foreign specialists and leading scientists to the top management of Kazakhstan universities, which is planned to implement in 2017.
Professor C. Kaftandjiev is one of the most famous Bulgarian and European scholars in the field of semiotics, advertising and marketing communications.
Prof. C. Kaftandjiev is often invited to lecture in the universities of the United States, China, Great Britain, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Armenia, and also lectures in the universities of the Russian Federation (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Tomsk, Samara, Rostov-on-Don, Kaliningrad, Ufa, Kazan, Novosibirsk, Barnaul, Stavropol ), Belarus, Ukraine (Kiev, Odessa, Kharkov).
Professor C.Kaftandjiev conducted about 90 practical seminars, educational trainings and master classes on marketing, advertising and communications in Europe and Asia. Several times he was invited by European companies as a consultant to develop advertising strategies.
Christo Kaftandjiev is the author of many scientific articles on advertising and semiotics, as well as nine books that have been repeatedly reprinted in Bulgaria.
7 books were translated into Russian language and were published in Moscow, which makes him the most well-known foreign author on advertising in Russia.
Recognition by the world scientific community of its achievements is also expressed in the appointment of Professor C. Kaftandjiev, the editor-in-chief of the leading scientific journal “American Journal of Linguistics” in the field of philology and semiotics. In addition, he is a member of the editorial board of several international scientific publications that are part of Scopus' scientific base, such as: "International Journal of Marketing Semiotics", "Journal of Social Sciences Studies", "International Journal of Business and Economics Research", "Advances in Sociology "," Trade Economical Journal"
The main directions of the professor's activity on the post of vice-rector for international cooperation of KazHJIU are determined:
- Facilitating the development of academic mobility of students, undergraduates and teaching staff.
- University entry into international associations of universities.
- Assistance in implementing the principles of multilingual education at the university.
- Further development of international academic and scientific cooperation, establishment of partnerships with foreign universities.
- Forming a positive image of KazHJIU in the international education market.
- Facilitation of the participation of students of the University and the faculty in events and scientific and practical conferences organized by foreign partner universities.
- Stimulation of the publication activity of KazHJIU scientists in international publications with a high impact factor.