From 25 to 29 April 2016 in the framework of the international cooperation agreement and academic mobility between Kazakh Humanitarian Law Innovative University and University Paul-Valery Montpellier 3 (Montpellier, France) with the assistance of the center of the internationalization of educational programs and the teaching staff of the Department of Philology at the Faculty of Humanities workshops with participation of visiting professors Claude Chastagner (MA, PhD, HDR) and Claire Omhovere (MA, PhD, HDR) for students majoring in English and German and teachers of English were held.
The visiting professors held several workshops dedicated to the following directions of the English philology:
– Intercultural communication;
– American studies;
– Teaching and studying the English-speaking literature of the Commonwealth countries (postcolonial literature);
– Designing effective PowerPoint presentations in the English classroom.
During the visit Claude Chastagner and Claire Omhovere on the 27-th of April took part in the plenary session of the international scientific-practical conference “Modern research in the field of social sciences and humanities and new technologies”, held on 27-28 April in the walls of the Kazakh Humanitarian Law Innovative University having made the following reports:
– “Using intercultural theory in the classroom. A case study: Pharrell Williams’s music video “24 Hours of Happy”” (Claude Chastagner);
– “Teaching the contemporary short story in English: Alice Munro in the classroom” (Claire Omhovere).